Pull out your fanciest dresses, bow ties, lace and veils for the Run Away Bride 5K on Sunday, May 21 at 1pm in Piedmont Park! This 5K astrays from the traditional race and encourages wedding attire like fancy hair pieces and tuxedo shirts. If you're really spirited, tuxedos/suits and brides/bridemaids dresses are welcome! The race will begin and end in the Promenade at Piedmont Park. Runners and walkers will flaunt their attire throughout almost every area of Piedmont Park; a sight sure to inspire amazing photos!
The race benefits and is hosted by the Piedmont Park Conservancy, the nonprofit that raises over $3 million a year to support the maintenance and enhancement of Piedmont Park. The Conservancy is the host organization that provides unique event rentals and experiences in Piedmont Park's Magnolia Hall, Greystone, Dockside and the Promenade.
Race Ticket: All racers that register by April 30 will be a guaranteed a t-shirt in their size.
- On or before April 30: $25
- May 1 through May 17, or day-of Registration: $35
*After May 17, all interested racers will have to walk up.
Suggestions to Wear:
- Adopt the traditional wedding look with classic white and vintage lace.
- Spring for the wild and crazy 'run away' bride with drenched mascara and over-teased hair.
- Sport a fancy bow or neck tie, with a vest over your t-shirt.
- Run in style with cuff links and formal hats.
- Dress like a mess, and show off the reason the bride 'ran away' in the first place.
- Remember you still need to walk or run the 5K, so ensure that your attire allows for race completion. Be mindful of weather and comfort.
Awards will be given to winners in the following categories:
- Best Female
- Best Male
- Best Couple
Runaway Bride themed 5k, participants are encouraged to wear veils, bow ties, etc.
Rain Policy: Event will be held rain or shine, and will only be cancelled due to severe conditions which would make the route unsafe. No refunds will be issued.
Parking: Parking is available at the Sage Parking Garage. For directions to the garage and Piedmont Park, please click here.
Course: The run/walk 5K will begin and end at the Promenade. The course will be well marked and supervised by volunteers and Piedmont Park staff. Water stations will be positioned along the course.
Piedmont Park Conservancy 5K Rules:
- Due to safety concerns, NO children under 12 will be allowed to attend the event.
- No smoking.
- No glass items permitted in the Promenade area.
- No foul language or offensive behavior.
- Serious problems resulting in injury must be reported immediately.
Piedmont Park Conservancy 5K Terms
- Damage to property, including trees, shrubbery, furniture, etc. will not be permitted and violators will be held responsible.
- Piedmont Park Conservancy 5Ks are rain or shine. No reimbursements will be given due to inclement weather.
- Race registrants release and forever discharge and hold harmless the Piedmont Park Conservancy (PPC) and their successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from race activities with PPC. Racers understand that this release and waiver discharges PPC from any liability or claim that the he/she may have against PPC with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from my activities as a race registrant with PPC, whether caused by the negligence of PPC or City of Atlanta or its officers, directors, employees or agents or otherwise. By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read, understood and executed this release as of the date indicated and that I hereby grant and convey unto PPC all right, title and interest in any and all photographic images and video or audio recordings made by PPC during my race activity with PPC, including, but not limited to, any royalties, proceeds, or other benefits derived from such photographs or recordings.
Volunteer for the 5K
Support Piedmont Park Conservancy's 1st Annual Runaway Bride 5K run/walk by helping as a race volunteer! The Volunteer Shift is from 11:30 am - 3:00 pm. All proceeds will be used to maintain and enhance the Piedmont Park. Learn more.